1. Slim food: A low calorie food, with zero cholesterol, and plenty of Vitamins and minerals along with protein content, makes it a perfect food for people trying to lose all the stubborn fat inside the body. The high fibre helps in increasing the fullness of the tummy and thus keeps you away from unwanted and unhealthy cravings, atleast for few hours.
2. Cure for urinary tract infection: Due to its excess water content, bottle gourd helps in relieving the symptoms of urinary tract infection. Burning sensation of urine usually occurs due to increased acidity of the urine and the alkaline nature of bottle gourd helps in neutralizing the acidic nature of urine thus relieving the burning sensation. So whenever suffering from such symptoms just blend a few pieces of bottle gourd along with a dash of lemon juice and gulp immediately.
3. Hormonal balancer: Due to the stress nowadays, most of us are suffering from hormonal imbalance, be it males or females, which is showing in the form of either depression, anxiety, infertility or eating disorders. Foods that help in maintaining hormonal balance have to be included in our daily diet to prevent such hormonal fluctuations. Bottle gourd being such a vegetable helps in hormonal balance, as the Zinc in bottle gourd plays a key role in the synthesis of the hormones like testosterone, estrogen, progesterone, Insulin etc..
4. Natural post-workout drink: Bottle gourd juice blended fresh, acts as an excellent post-work out drink as the natural sugars present in it helps in providing instant energy to the exhausted muscles and also the protein and other minerals in it helps in rebuilding and restoring the inflamed muscles, after a rigorous workout.
5. Complete nutritious veggie: Bottle gourd can be crowned as a complete nutritious veggie, being low in calories, with zero fat, good amount of carb, protein, high water content, Vitamins (C, B1,B2, B5,B6,B7,B9) and Minerals like Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Manganese, Calcium, Potassium, Zinc, Copper, Selenium.
NOTE: Consume the bottle gourd juice immediately as it tends to oxidize fast. And check the bitter taste of the raw bottle gourd before preparing the juice, as bitter bottle gourd is toxic to the stomach and may cause serious problems.