A deep dive into the oily ocean of healthy benefits of Coconut oil.
1. GALLSTONE DISSOLVER: Being rich in medium chain fatty acids, coconut oil has plenty of health benefits and dissolution of gallstones is one of them. Upon digestion the medium chain fatty acids in coconut oil forms a monoglyceride called Monooctanoin, which helps in dissolution of gallstones, thus acting as a cholesterol solvent.
2. FIGHTS CANCER: Coconut oil is loaded with phenols and certain antioxidants, which act in preventing the tumor growth. Thus coconut oil is included in the super food list.
3. IMPROVES SKIN CARE: Being rich in Vitamin E, coconut oil helps in retaining the moisture of the skin pores, thus preventing damage of the skin and also delays the appearance of wrinkles, and that saggy old look over facial skin folds, which occurs with ageing. A regular intake of coconut oil in your daily diet helps in preventing such problems. By maintaining the moisture of the skin and reducing the dryness of the skin, certain disorders like dermatitis, eczema and other skin infections are prevented by including coconut oil in your foods.
4. NATURAL MEDICINE TO YOUR BRAIN: Coconut oil, as being converted into ketones, which actually act as energy suppliers to our brain cells other than the carbs, helps in improving the blood supply to the brain cells thus improving the activity of the brain. Certain disorders like Alzheimer’s disease, epilepsy etc., in which the brain becomes low in terms of energy levels, these ketones helps in coping and maintains the required energy levels in the brain.
5. IMMUNE BOOSTER: The different kinds of medium chain fatty acids like Lauric acid, Capric acid and Caprylic acid present in coconut oil makes it a perfect immune booster. These fatty acids has antifungal, antimicrobial and antiviral properties. Thus coconut oil has the terrific power of fighting with the dreadful diseases like HIV, CMV, Herpes, Influenza, Giardiasis, H.Pylori, Listeria monocytogenes etc..