Type 2 Diabetes mellitus is one of the most common NCD (non-communicable diseases) in today’s world. A healthy dietary and lifestyle modifications may prevent you from entering into the Diabetic loop. It’s always better to know and remember the fact that, Prevention is better than cure.
Below are mentioned, few easy tips to follow, in order to stay away from the most common metabolic disorder, TYPE 2 DIABETES MELLITUS.
- Walk regularly daily and stay physically active throughout the day. Don’t adopt a sedentary lifestyle, as being sedentary slows down the metabolism. Slow metabolism, make you overweight or Obese over a period of time and fat deposits slowly tend to increase and thus accumulate fat and counteract the function of Insulin.
- Eating moderate amounts of food at frequent or regular intervals helps in balancing the sugar levels, rather than skipping a meal and binge eating for another meal, which will actually burden your Insulin levels and that will impact your pancreas to keep secreting more Insulin, which will slowly become toxic enough to not to secrete sufficient Insulin levels, which thus land you up in Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus.
- Including a lot of fruits and vegetables into your daily diet is highly recommended to stay away from Diabetes as a precautionary method, as these natures foods are loaded with a lot of Vitamins, Minerals, Antioxidants, and enough fibre required for our body. Eating foods loaded with fiber helps in balancing sugar levels, as well as removing the toxins from our body on a day to day basis, which is highly essential for us. The antioxidants act on removing the free radicals, on a regular basis which will thus help in preventing any inflammatory conditions like Diabetes, Hypertension, etc.
- Eating more whole-grain foods like brown rice, oats, millets, white rice, wheat, pulses, cereals, etc helps in marinating a perfect balance in the sugar levels regularly, rather than including a lot of refined foods like maida, sweets, cakes, burgers, pizzas, carbonated sugary drinks, Burgers, fries, etc which will keep playing a zigzag game with your insulin and sugar levels and over a period of time, your whole inner system will be hijacked by them.
- A good amount of protein is a must in everyone’s diet along with good fats, that will help in a feeling of fullness, muscle building, hormonal balance, proper functioning of the brain and other fertility hormones which is important indirectly in maintaining a perfect balance of both cortisol and insulin secretion in the body.
Finally eating healthy, being physically active, and maintaining a stress-free lifestyle, including Meditation, Yoga, Spiritual practices help in total prevention of Diabetes.